Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Servings: 4
- 4 Alaska Black Cod fillets, fresh, thawed or frozen
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Riesling
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 4 green onions, cut in 3-inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, cut in julienne (matchstick) pieces
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Lemon wedges and toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
Have all ingredients ready before beginning. Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Black Cod under cold water; pat dry with paper towel.
Heat a heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of black cod with oil. Place black cod in heated skillet and cook, uncovered, about 3 to 4 minutes, until browned. Shake pan occasionally to keep fish from sticking. Add teriyaki sauce and cook 2 minutes more; sauce will boil up.
Turn fillets over, add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add wine, bell pepper, green onions and carrot. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium. Continue to cook an additional 6 to 8 minutes for frozen black cod or 3 to 4 minutes for fresh/thawed fish. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
To serve, top fish with vegetables and sauce; garnish with lemon wedges and toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
Chef’s Note: Serve with bowls of steamed jasmine rice on the side.
Nutrients per serving: 422 calories, 30g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 64% calories from fat, 83mg cholesterol, 26g protein, 10g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 1325mg sodium, 79mg calcium, and 2860mg omega-3 fatty acids.