What’s special about our Alaskan King Salmon Portions…
- EASY TO USE: Each 10lb box comes with 18 to 22 conveniently vacuum packed easy to use 7-9oz portions, making it easy to provide an elegant, nutritious meal for you and your family
- FROZEN ONCE!! This fish is frozen once right after catch with great attention to detail and quality
- MOST NUTRITIOUS: Our King Salmon is loaded with healthy Omega-3 oils, vitamin D, and selenium
- SASHIMI GRADE: We especially love to smoke it, grill it, and use for sashimi at our sushi parties!
- CHEFS FAVORITE: Wild Alaskan King Salmon are prized by gourmets for their large, luscious flake and extraordinarily high healthy fat content.
- LOCALLY & SUSTAINABLY HARVESTED: Caught by a cooperative of local fishermen in the pristine waters of Sitka Alaska, then hand cut and frozen only once immediately after catch to insure unmatched quality. These are easy to use boneless, skin-on, absolutely delicious king salmon portions.
- QUALITY PACKAGING. We use a heavier 6 & 7mil thickness in our vacuum packaging to prevent any air leaks so that your king salmon will stay fresh frozen for a long time. Yes even up to 2 years!
- Check out our recipe for PLANKED ALASKA SALMON WITH MEDITERRANEAN MEDLEY for ideas on how to cook your wild Alaska King Salmon! Find more recipes on our blog here.
The largest of the 5 Alaskan salmon species, wild Alaskan king salmon are prized by chefs for their large, luscious flakes and high fat content. King salmon store this fat for their journeys up long river systems fed by glaciers in Alaska. When you eat Alaska king salmon, you can savor the extraordinary journey that these wild salmon take. Like a well-marbled steak, the fat that they store up for their journeys melts into the salmon, giving it a richness and velvety feel in the mouth. These are the good fats that cardiologists and nutritionists celebrate. Because of this heart-healthy fat, king salmon are perfect for grilling and searing, with just salt and pepper. King salmon needs little else to be delicious.
King salmon’s meat colors range from orange-red to creamy white and everything in between, mostly depending on the ratio of shrimp and krill to prey fish they are eating.
The king salmon’s big flake and succulent, rich flavor stands out best with a slow cook grill at 275° F over a flavorful hardwood like alder or cedar. Capers or mustard-y acidic sauces will help balance out the fish flavor of a king salmon.
Our king salmon portions are boneless with their skin on (which keeps moisture in while cooking). They come in convenient vacuum-sealed pouches. All you need to do is take one or two, or however many you want, thaw, remove from package, add some basic seasonings, and enjoy! These King Salmon portions can be brought out with the fancy china or eaten from a paper plate around a campfire. Best to use a strong paper plate; you don’t want to spill any of this.
The sustainability of king salmon harvested in Alaska is an international effort. Alaska king harvest levels follow the Pacific Salmon Treaty implemented by the Pacific Salmon Commission. Our Alaska king salmon fishery is certified under two independent certification standards for sustainable fisheries: ALASKA RESPONSIBLE FISHERIES MANAGEMENT(RFM) and MARINE STEWARDSHIP COUNCIL (MSC)