Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Servings: 4
- 4 Alaska Salmon steaks or fillets (4 to 6 oz. each), fresh, thawed or frozen
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons olive, canola, peanut or grapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped chives
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 package (10 oz.) ready-to-eat salad greens 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
Preheat broiler or grill to medium-high heat.
Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Salmon under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Brush both sides of salmon with oil. Place salmon on a spray-coated broiling pan or well-oiled grill. Cook salmon 4 inches from heat for 12 to 15 minutes for frozen salmonOR 8 to 9 minutes for fresh/thawed fish, turning once during cooking. Season with salt and pepper after turning. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
For dressing, combine olive oil, lemon juice, chives, honey, and mustard in a shaker jar. Cover and shake well.
In large bowl, toss together salad greens, grapes and half of toasted walnuts. Spoon salad mixture onto four dinner plates. Place one piece of salmon over each salad. Shake dressing; drizzle over each salad. Sprinkle salads with reserved walnuts. Garnish with fresh chives, grape clusters and/or lemon slices as desired. Serve immediately.